Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Skramz

This has been a long time coming. I got into screamo/skramz in junior year of high school. I immediately loved it because I felt it was the most sincere music I've listened to. This is the only genre of music I think could beat out my other loved genre (which is metal) in listens. The list I made has 35 bands and they also have their own style, which borrows from other genres like powerviolence, post-rock and sludge. I included a text file which since typing it up I've forgotten what I put in it, probably says that each song has the album art from the album the song is taken from. Also, I tried finding most of the lyrics for the songs and made little descriptions of the band/album/song in each songs comment section. If you like this, find the albums yourself and/or buy them. Enjoy! ~ Bill







Here's another link to great brief summary/history of screamo/emo, their emotional hardcore punk roots and different waves that shaped the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment